Exercising for just 5 minutes a day really can make a difference.
In the UK .....
- At least 67 million certified working days are lost through
back pain every year in the UK and that's not counting pensioners
and members of the armed forces.
- There are 2.25 million visits to GP's for back problems each
- 1.5 million people are on invalidity benefit due to back-related
- 10 per cent of the 63,000 people hospitalised with backache
- Hospitalisation and surgery for back problems cost the National
Health Service £350 million per annum.
- 500,000 people suffer work-related backache every year.
- 3,600 nurses leave the NHS each year through backache.
- It costs the NHS £120 million a year in nurse absence and replacement
due to backache.
- 80 per cent of all VDU workers will suffer backache.